- l tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ears of fresh corn kernels shaved from the cob (about 3 cups)
- 4 large shallots cut into 1/4 inch slices
- pinch of sugar
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the corn, shallots, sugar, and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until the corn is caramelized, about 5 minutes. Stir in the thyme and cook 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.